NENA's Great Kickball Tournament and Fundraiser triumphantly returns on July 31, 2021. Vie for the title of best kickball team in Nokomis East!
Get an 8-10 person co-ed team together for the mother of all tournaments. Enjoy a family-friendly summer afternoon and raise money for NENA’s Free Food Distribution project, which has donated over 650,000 pounds of food and supplies for our neighbors in need!
Visit today and register at www.nokomiseast.org/great-kickball-tournament-fundraiser
Other ways to get involved in your community:
• National Night Out Event Registration – Block Club Leaders can register events for free until July 20 at https://www.minneapolismn.gov/government/programs-initiatives/nno/registration-details/. National Night Out will be on Aug. 3.
• Nokomis East Crazy Days Return – Local businesses and the Nokomis East Business Association (NEBA) are bringing back this local favorite during the weekend of Aug. 6-8. Activities include an outdoor concert night on Friday, sales and information booths all day on Saturday on 34th Ave., and sites throughout Nokomis East. Visit www.nokomiseastba.com to learn more and participate!
• NENA Annual Meeting – We will be hosting an in-person event on Aug. 17 at Lake Nokomis Community Center Picnic Shelter. Learn about neighborhood news, hear from speakers, and get involved in planning for NENA’s future priorities. For more info, visit www.nokomiseast.org/nena-annual-meeting/
• Nokomis East Free Food Distributions – On the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month, NENA hosts a free food distribution at 5735 Sander Drive from 2-4 p.m. All are welcome, and volunteers are needed. Items include dairy, meat, fresh produce, pantry staples, toiletries, cleaning supplies, and culturally appropriate food options. For more information, visit www.nokomiseast.org/nokomis-east-free-food-distribution/
• Minnehaha Food Shelf – Every Tuesday, the Minnehaha Food Shelf is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 3701 E. 50th Street. For more information, visit www.minnehaha.org/foodshelf.html
Meetings and events:
7/14/2021: Nokomis East Free Food Distribution at 2-4 p.m.
7/15/2021: NENA Green Initiatives Committee at 6:30 p.m., Via Zoom
7/22/2021: NENA Board of Directors at 6:30 p.m., Via Zoom
7/28/2021: Nokomis East Free Food Distribution at 2-4 p.m.
7/31/2021: Great Kickball Tournament & Fundraiser at Keewaydin Park
Find more information at www.nokomiseast.org.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here